almost 6 years ago
We at USPTO are grateful for your support of the Patents for Humanity program. Although there is nothing new to report at this time, we continue working hard to pave the best way forward.
Of course, there are many exciting things happening elsewhere in the IP and development world. Some of you may be interested in LESI's Global Technology Impact Forum (GTIF) in January. This event brings together leading organizations who "share a common goal of advancing mankind through the use of IP licensing and technology transfer".
GTIF's theme for 2014 is "A Practical Approach for Technology Transfer: Corporate, Research, and NGO Collaboration for Double Bottom Line Results." Expected speakers include:
- WIPO DG Francis Gurry
- WTO IP Division Director Antony Taubman
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Chief Judge Randall R. Rader
- AUTM President Sean Flanigan
- Richard Wilder, Associate General Counsel, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Jaqueline Lemos, Legal Executive Manager, Brazilian National Development Bank (BNDES)
- Chan Park, General Counsel, Medicines Patent Pool
More information is available at:
At last year's GTIF, Patents for Humanity received the award for Best National IP & Tech Transfer Policy 2013.
Enjoy the holidays. Here's hoping for big things in 2014.